Thursday, August 6, 2009

A year (well, a semester) in literature..

In an effort to make language arts more fun then the curriculum I ran across, I decided to do my own literature units. I finally think I have worked out what we are using for literature for the first semester. Here is what it will look like. As I write the units I will post them here.

August

  • 3-8th Pizza the size sun
  • 10th-14th The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (CH 1-6)
  • 17th-21st The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (CH 7-12)
  • 24th-28th The Lion , the Witch and the Wardrobe (CH 8-17)

September

  • 1-4th Ramona the Pest
  • 7th-11th Ramona the Pest
  • 14th-18th Cloudy with a chance of meatballs (with field trip to the movie)
  • 21st – 25th The Secret Garden

October

  • 28th – 2nd The Secret Garden
  • 5th-9th Where the Wild Things are (with field trip to the movie)
  • 12th-16th Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
  • 19th-23rd Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
  • 26th – 30th The Hobbit

November

  • 2nd – 6th The Hobbit
  • 9th-13th The Story of Dr. Doolittle
  • 16th – 20th The Story of Dr. Doolittle
  • 23rd-27th The Wind in the Willows

December

  • 30-4th The Wind in the Willows
  • 7th-11th The Best Christmas Pageant Ever
  • 14th-18th The Best Christmas Pageant Ever

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I LOVE comments, I love the feedback. Usually I will answer right back here on the comments page!