Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Art Class 1/19/09: Eric Carle Illustrating and Angie Vandenbogaard



This is some examples I used for the class of the art of Angie Vandenboogaard. She uses monochromatic polkadots of various sizes to compose her paintings. I love how graphically powerful they are. So part of our art lesson was to imitate her style. Below is Emma and my attempts at copying her style.

Then we went on to do the first part of a project with Eric Carle's illustrating technique. We painted paper with paint, leaving alot of brush marks and texture on the paintings. At the next class we will cut out our pictures from the paper to make our own Eric Carle artwork. So if you missed the last class, and want to participate, make sure you paint some paper with alot of texture for yourself. You will want to do several different colors depending on what you are wanting to illustrate.




3 comments:

  1. Very nice work. You told me yours was a sad attempt at artistry. Not true. All art, regardless of its form, is an expression of the soul. If it comes from you then its always good art. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these!
    They're such great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so very much guys. The kids have had a BLAST!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I LOVE comments, I love the feedback. Usually I will answer right back here on the comments page!