Thursday, February 26, 2009

Art Class: Sonia Delunay

Our spotlight artist today was Sonia Delaunay. (ah, even though I forgot my laptop and couldn't' remember her name). She was an awesome abstract artist who was most famous for they rhythm and use of color in her work. Here is a quick synopsis of her work http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonia_Delaunay .

This top picture is the completed student picture.

  • First we drew the circles using various lids.
  • Second we made a line bisecting the circles.
  • Third the children used colors to fill in their circles, each color needed to be used in at least three areas of the picture.
below are more examples of Sonia Delunay's work



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I LOVE comments, I love the feedback. Usually I will answer right back here on the comments page!