Saturday, August 8, 2009

Week ONE The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe Unit Study

This will cover Chapters 1-6 of the Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. I am gearing this roughly for third grade. Because of that, I am ignoring some of the more theological or philosophical ideas put forth in the text. However, I have tried to introduce the concepts when it would be appropriate. I think If I was doing this for my kids when they were older (and I totally hope we do it again), we would be much more involved in the study of skepticism vs belief, and the deeper character studies and theological issues. So here are the links to a weeks worth of lessons I have written) or you could just scroll down....

Lesson 1: Intro to Narnia
Lesson 2: Chapters 1 & 2
Lesson 3: Chapters 3 & 4
Lesson 4: Chapters 5 & 6
Vocabulary List

3 comments:

  1. You are right. Narnia can be studied on so many levels. I got so much more out of it as an adult, reading it aloud to my daughter. Sometimes I was moved to tears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you following the book on your own or are you following Further Up and Farther In?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan,
    We finished up our study of the book over this past summer. I haven't seen Further up and Farther in, so I am guessing it would be me on my own. I just collected a bunch of resources from around the web, and some that I wrote myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I LOVE comments, I love the feedback. Usually I will answer right back here on the comments page!