Monday, January 12, 2009

Practical Living: Handwashing and Squid Soap





We are all over trying to teach practical living skills to the kids. I was thrilled to find that squid soap had made it to my dollar tree store. This stuff is so cool. First of all, it honestly is packaged cool and the kids like to play with the squidy tentacles. But the truly neat part is whenever you go to get soap the squid "inks" you. He puts a little red dot on your palm, and that dot will only disappear if you wash your hands for the proscribed amount of time. Its like having a tattling bottle of soap. I need something like this for tooth brushing, anyone have an idea?

4 comments:

  1. Agent Cool Blue does this for your teeth :)

    http://www.listerinekids.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, see we can't use that because of the artificial colors. I know when I was little we chewed these little red pills to show what we missed, but again the colors is an issue for me. My kids have gotten smart enough to do the 'wet the brush so she will think we brushed our teeth' trick. That used to be how I could tell.... they are tricky, and way to smart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We like a toothbrush that flashes a light in the handle for one minute. When it stops flashing, they stop brushing. I know it is available at Wal-Mart, but is probably avaiable other places too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corrie,
    wow that would be perfect, I am going to have to try that out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I LOVE comments, I love the feedback. Usually I will answer right back here on the comments page!