Monday, March 23, 2009

The vultures are circling...


Sounds ominous doesn't it? Last week we took off for Spring Break, but as it happens we did have a school lesson. We were driving out of our subdivision when we came across these vultures. A bunny had died in the road and they were "cleaning" it. We have so many rabbits in our subdivision I am convinced we must be sitting on top of a massive warren. So we stopped and watched. (I know, its a bit gorey, but it was very educational). I spared everyone pics of the corpse, but got these great photos of the vultures on our light pole. They aren't the prettiest, but they are huge. The kids were really impressed when the birds flew so close to us and ate the bunny.

Today was our day to study vultures, and of course everyone reminisced about the ones we had seen. We did our math and our phonics/reading/grammer. We are trying to take it somewhat easy, and heal up. Somehow we have wound up AGAIN with this stupid cold/virus whatever it is. So we did alot of starfall.com today too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I LOVE comments, I love the feedback. Usually I will answer right back here on the comments page!