Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Art: Greek Story Vases

Today we did a fun art project that mimics some of the pottery from Ancient Greece. I found the project Here. At some point during the creation, John's dinosaur cup came to life and he chased everyone around with it :).

A word of warning: Oil pastels do not wash out easily, I have had the best luck with formula 409 as a pre-treater. Even then, it doesn't always come out.

First we printed out these pages. The kids drew the story they wanted to tell and some patterns onto the paper. Then we transferred it onto the Styrofoam cups and completed the activity by adding the oil pastels.




1 comment:

  1. Love the cups! Looks like htey had a lot of fun making them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I LOVE comments, I love the feedback. Usually I will answer right back here on the comments page!